The Construction Manager is responsible for the supervision and management of construction field crews for assigned client projects. They are accountable for managing the overall field performance, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. Local travel to jobsites will be required within the market.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as single-point of contact between project management and construction execution.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Direct and supervise all tower and civil foremen working on your assigned projects and provide leadership and guidance for crew members.
- Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Assure that we have the correct level and talent of in house and subcontractors to maintain our construction schedules and level of work.
- Perform bid walks, evaluate site conditions relative to scope of work and out of scope work and prepare cost estimates.
- Work with Field Construction Leads to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from RFDS's and Engineered drawings.
- Report project status and performance data as required to management.
- Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials and subcontractors.
- Order all rental equipment needed for projects and ensure it is returned in a timely fashion.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Procure and provide all carrier materials for a project to a site by timely and accurately specifying required materials and coordinating with internal/external individuals as required.
- Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a construction manager.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant wireless and telecommunications industry experience.
- Must be proficient in establishing, maintaining, and managing sub-contractor relationships.
- Proficient computer skills: email, Microsoft Office Excel/Word, and related photo management software.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and make decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in management skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
- Must be prepared to work in all weather conditions as job is primarily outdoors.
- Must be able to cope with the physical demands associated with heavy construction.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of wireless processes and deployment of UMTS, 3G, LTE, Microwave, Fiber, Wimax and other platforms.
- Knowledge of construction technology.
- Constructability knowledge.
- Knowledge of project budget process and project controls.
- Knowledge of department budget process and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in construction or engineering, or similar field experience in telecommunications construction management is preferred.
Let's explore the possibilities together. Click here to view our open positions.