The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all development and construction activities, which may include site identification, lease negotiations, regulatory, zoning, permitting, engineering, and construction. The Project Manager will drive strong customer service, both internally and externally, and ensure client relationships are well maintained and project timelines are met within budget.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all deployment activities including but not limited to: site acquisition, leasing, due diligence, zoning, construction services, architectural and engineering services, permitting and deployment meetings.
- Create, update and manage individual project budgets to ensure projects attain an acceptable profit margin and returns on investment.
- Create schedules and maintain milestones within the project database on a daily basis and communicate project updates and timelines to Construction and Program Management.
- Collaborate with Program Management to set proper customer expectations and then deliver results on time and within budget.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships through consistent communication and management of customer needs and expectations.
- Proactively identify potential issues and collaborate cross-functionally to develop a preventive action plan to address identified risks and threats.
- Ensure goals, objectives, quality standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and met, and that consistent communication occurs throughout areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Construction Managers and Supply Chain to identify and partner with select vendors to perform outsourced services for an assigned project; review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Solve complex problems for issue resolution; prioritize tasks to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Manage all internal processes and clearances and document compliance with policies and procedures prior to releasing any project to Construction.
- Serve as single-point of contact between the client and general contractor and vendors.
- Provide oversight of construction execution on all assigned construction projects.
- Maintain and manage contractor relationships assuring work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
- Able to take corrective action as necessary.
- Track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion to meet schedule and budget expectations.
- Track and report project status and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as established by management.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing wireless professionals through infrastructure deployment projects, site acquisition and construction management responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry including knowledge of tower citing and construction, engineering, zoning, leasing and regulatory compliance.
- Able to work in a time-sensitive, high volume environment with functional groups throughout the organization to achieve business results.
- Ten plus years of wireless telecommunication industry experience.
- Sound financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in quality construction practices, wireless construction and telecommunication technology.
- Coordinate with subcontractors the schedule, safety, cost and quality decisions in conjunction with construction managers.
- Travel may be required as well as the ability to commit to long-term on site assignments.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Able to build and maintain solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors, creating long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- 4 year college degree in business, planning, engineering, construction management or equivalent work experience in the wireless site development industry.
- Six Sigma and/or PMP certification preferred.
Let's explore the possibilities together. Click here to view our open positions.